4.07.2011

another year in the sun

This is a blog. Sigh. I should post more links. Very true. I just want to write about the Giants, I just want to write about love.

The Giants are 2 and 4, a not quite dismal record. And tomorrow the season finally starts. There are many things I would change if I ran baseball including eliminating the DH, unbalanced schedules, the lack of doubleheaders, an international draft, banning Vin Scully and perhaps most importantly, I'd issue a decree that whichever team wins the World Series, they always open their season at home the following year. Tomorrow afternoon the title defense really begins, tomorrow we're raising the flag. I'm about half way through Fever Pitch, Nick Hornby's famous account of his Arsenal obsession, and I now have the words to describe what I feel about the Giants. Last September and October, that trip across the Rubicon and finally to the promised land, will stick with me for the rest of my life. It was, day by day and pitch by pitch the absolute best experience a baseball fan could ever have and I was there for so much of it all. The Giants clinched all three series on road and I emotionally missed the parade, so tomorrow will be the first time I am able to fully celebrate the 2010 World Series.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to another year in the sun.

1 comment:

kevin21 said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml