4.11.2011

jay eee double eff

The Giants won two of three over the weekend. Opening day and opening night were both fantastic. I had to miss the end of the game on Friday to make it to my soccer game and we went down 3-0 before rallying back. I didn't contribute very much beyond a fantastic cross that their defender kicked into the goal. So it was sort of an assist. Opening day was about the fans while opening night was about the players. They each received their rings and a warm moment to bask in the love and affection of their devoted fans. My friends and I were sitting in the bleachers, and it was terribly cold, but in the end everything was perfect. Giants were down 2-1 and got a two out rally. With runners at first and second, Miguel Tejada battled and eventually crushed a ball to deep left-center. From where I was sitting I could see the ball being held up in the wind and also drifting away from Colby Rasmus. It was going to be a tough play because of the wind but without the wind the ball would have been three rows deep. The ball disappeared from my view just as the crowd exploded. What I couldn't see was the ball glancing off of Rasmus's glove, what I could see was the Giants racing from the dugout like they'd just won the World Series. I immediately began hugging everyone in sight and then ran down the aisle to reach over and pound the wall and just scream. Baseball is back, the Giants are back, LA is in town, the weather is warming up and all is right in the world.

1 comment:

kevin21 said...

88pascher.com sac a main louis vuitton sac burberry sac chanel chaussures puma chaussures nike tee shirts louis vuitton chanel femmes tee shirts sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml sitemapproducts.xml